The Manor Cottage Heritage Centre
The Southwick Society runs The Manor Cottage Heritage Centre located at 16/18 Southwick Street, BN42 4TE, just north of Southwick Square on the eastern side of the road.
The Cottage is open every Saturday morning from mid May to mid September. Exhibitions are frequently held in the Cottage and entrance is free. The Cottage has a shop selling local history books, pamphlets and souvenir items.
The Society is active in the following fields:
- Running the Manor Cottage Heritage Centre
- Campaigning on local issues
- Commenting upon planning matters affecting the local area
- Running talks, exhibitions and meetings on matters of interest to those living or working in the Southwick area
- Publishing local history books and “Wickerwork” – a regular newsletter updating members on activities and local matters of interest
- Talks are held on the second Monday of every month from September to April at the Southwick Community Centre starting at 7.30pm.
Membership of the Society enables you to
- Receive free copies of the Society’s newsletter, Wickerwork, delivered to your door
- Attend our heritage talks at a discounted price
- Join the Society’s annual outing
- Attend the Society’s Annual General Meeting in April and have your say in what the Society is doing
- Get involved in your local community and what is happening in it